Most of you know by now that I’m gluten free. As a result, I’ve had to get crafty in the kitchen, making things that both myself and my boyfriend enjoy, while also making sure that they fit into my dietary restrictions.
While most of my recipes are dinner recipes and healthy, I splurged a little bit yesterday. Here is my recipe for my gluten-free blueberry banana bread muffins.
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/4 gluten-free all-purpose flour (I used the King Arthur brand. It’s best to use exact brands when dealing with gluten-free flour).
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tbsp allspice
- 1/8 tbsp ground ginger
- 3 very ripe bananas (I used organic so they were slightly softer and smaller)
- 3/4 cup ripe blueberries
- 4 tbsp soft unsweetened, unsoftened butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/8 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
Okay, here we go!
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees farenheit. Stick some muffin holders into the muffin pan.
- Combine all dry ingredients except for the sugar into a bowl. Combine all wet ingridients except for butter and eggs into another bowl (the bowls only need to be small or medium sized).
- Microwave the butter for 15 seconds to soften. Place in a new large bowl with the sugar, and hand whisk together.
- Pour the other wet ingredients into the bowl and continue to whisk.
- Next, pour the dry ingredients into the large bowl, mix together.
- Mash the bananas and blueberries and then add them to the mixture. Mix together well.
- After allocating the mixture to the muffin tins, put in the over for 25 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
In the end, they should look like this: