So, I’ve never been out about my passion for cooking, but I’ve decided that I’m going to post my creations once a week on this blog to give some of my fellow gluten-free friends some new things to try!
My boyfriend is from Memphis, so he likes BBQ things.
I happen to like BBQ things too. Finding gluten-free BBQ in restaurants is hard to do, so we have to mostly improvise.
Feeds 3 to 4
For this recipe you will need:
- Asparagus (just one bundle)
- One bag of white pearl onions
- Four cloves of garlic
- 6 Drumsticks
- One lime
- Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ (it’s gluten-free and yummy!)
- A white wine (I used St. Michael’s Vineyard’s Gollywobbler White, but it’s a MD exclusive)
I work in relative amounts when I cook, so bear with me. The measurements may not be as they seem.
Here’s what I did!
- I got a large, glass oven pan and laid the asparagus into it.
- I peeled the onions and cut them in half, and laid them into the bowl as well.
- I chopped the four garlic cloves and threw them into the asparagus and onions,
- I cut the lime into quarters and juiced half of it into a separate bowl.
- I melted 1 tbsp of unsalted, unsweetened butter and added it to the lime juice.
- I poured the butter and lime juice onto the asparagus and onions.
For the chicken marinade I used:
- The other half of the lime
- about 1/2 cup of sweet baby ray’s
- 1/2 cup of Gollywobbler White mixed together
- Let marinade for at least an hour (4 to 6 for better results. I was in a pinch.
After preparing the vegetables, I:
- Laid the chicken legs on top of the vegetables.
- Pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Overtop of the chicken, pour the rest of the marinade juice. Add extra BBQ if needed.
- Cook the chicken in the oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes.